Looking for a quick and easy DIY hand sanitizer recipe? Make a few bottles of this spray hand sanitizer to carry in your purse, keep in your vehicle, and toss in the baby’s diaper bag. This is our family's go to all year long.
- 4 ounce spray bottle, glass
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 20 drops doTERRA On Guard Protective Blend
- In spray bottle, combine aloe vera and Protective Blend
- Fill the rest of bottle with water. Shake until combined
- To use, spray on hands and rub together.
This natural salve is so wonderful to use with Essential Oils. You can use this in place of something like Neosporin or other commercial brands that are typically made with petroleum jelly.
Our family uses salves for things like dry chapped skin, cuts, eczema, respiratory aid, sleep and more.
Benefits of a Salve:
• It’s easier to put on and apply, already diluted, and leaves the skin silky smooth, while feeding you and your skin great nutrients.
• It reduces sensitivity and the soothing, healing properties of coconut and olive oil act as a delivery vehicle, reducing sensitivity and inflammation.
• It’s chock full of anti-oxidant properties to fight free radicals.
• The incredible aroma of essential oils married to coconut oil, olive oil and luxurious beeswax will have you wanting to lick your fingers.
• Crazy good hand moisturizer!
• Amazing on dry, cracked ...
Salve’s are a nourishing, oil-based ointment that are often infused with beneficial herbs and plants to speed healing. These salves help soothe and heal the driest of dry, cracked, chapped and scaly skin. It really is like a miracle cream.
The Benefits and Versatility of Using Essential Oils in a Salve
- It’s easier to put on and apply, already diluted, and leaves the skin silky smooth, while feeding you and your skin great nutrients.
- It reduces sensitivity and the soothing, healing properties of coconut and olive oil act as a delivery vehicle, reducing sensitivity and inflammation.
- It’s chock full of anti-oxidant properties to fight free radicals.
- The incredible aroma of essential oils married to coconut oil, olive oil and luxurious beeswax will have you wanting to lick your fingers.
OK, lets get started. It's easy to make a salve. First, we're going to start with the basic recipe. Below that you can see a list of essential oils you can add to your salve.
If you have walked through a garden and luxuriated in the scent of a rose or inhaled the sweet fragrance of an orange peel, then you have experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils. It’s no secret that inhaling essential oils can provide a sense of harmony and peace of mind, but did you know that they can be used to clean your house, help your skin, relieve allergies, boost your immunity and more?
Essential oils have increased in popularity over the past decade, but they are not a fad. In fact, essential oils have been used for thousands of years, dating back to pre-Biblical times. Egyptians used essential oils extensively in medical practice, beauty treatment and food preparation. Greeks used them in therapeutic massage and aromatherapy. Romans used essential oils to promote health and personal hygiene.
Nature’s Secret Weapon
An essential oil is a naturally occurring, highly concentrated liquid derived from the seeds, stems, roots, flowers, b...
Lotion bars are a great way to naturally cleanse and moisturize. These are solid at room temperature like a bar of soap, but when rubbed on the skin, a tiny amount melts and is transferred to the skin, leaving a highly moisturizing and very thin layer.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup shea butter, cocoa butter or mango butter (or a mix of all three)
- 1 cup beeswax pastilles
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- Combine all ingredients (except essential oils if using) in a double boiler, or a glass bowl over a smaller saucepan with 1 inch of water in it. OR - Combine in a quart size glass mason jar with a lid instead and place this in a small saucepan of water until melted. This will save your bowl and you can just designate this jar for these type of projects and not even need to wash it out!
- Turn the burner on and bring water to a boil. Stir ingredients constantly until they are melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and add the essential oils....